- Friday 26 August 2016 16:00
On September 25, Swiss voters will have their say about a new intelligence service act. Voters who cherish their liberties can safely say yes to the new law even if it introduces new, more intrusive methods for the Swiss spy agency, Andreas Britt explains in an essay for finews.first.
- Friday 26 August 2016 12:47
Geneva-based private bank Pictet posted a drop in first-half profits, revenue and assets on Friday. The family-controlled bank is emblematic of the problems currently facing Swiss private banks.
- Friday 26 August 2016 12:05
Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio purportedly received funds from scandal-tarnished Malaysian state fund 1MDB for his environmental foundation. A Swiss foundation devoted to protecting Malaysia's rainforest wants answers.
- Friday 26 August 2016 11:47
Standard Chartered's head of Swiss private banking is set to depart after the bank shut down the unit last year, a source familiar with the matter told finews.ch. The British bank's brand will disappear from the Geneva banking landscape next month.
- Friday 26 August 2016 11:21
The former Julius Baer manager had left GAM asset management unexpectedly a year ago. Now he's back – at his previous employer, according to research by finews.ch.
An overview of Swiss finance people moves.
Exclusive contributions from guest writers:
- Andreas Britt: «Switzerland Needs a Spy Agency Law»
- Steve Hanke: «Modern Slavery, More Important than Who Built the White House»
- Peter Hody: «What if the Great Experiment of China Goes Wrong?»
- Marco Bargel: «U.S. Elections – Quo Vadis Wall Street?»
- Dieter Ruloff: «The Failed Coup in Turkey and the Consequences for Europe»
Compare my salary
Feeling Underpaid? Benchmark your salary by job title, company and location. Find out where you stand in minutes.